Hello there, Hi there, G'day all!
Let's see, what do I share this week? Oh! I got it! This whole week has been really cold and rainy. Our mission has even seen snow in a couple of areas! That makes it REALLY cold, because I don't think we see that every year. My area has only gotten rain and some hail, but that still makes me cold. haha :) But, while explaining to a person we're teaching that we still go out in the weather, I told her that we appreciated her allowing us to come in. It means less time in the weather. Which is true. I'm so grateful for all the people that listen to our messages and let us in. We stay warm, and they feel the warmth of the spirit! We then had a lovely conversation about taking bad things and being grateful for them.
We have been involved with the Young Women quite a bit, and absolutely love the girls. I know I was rather loud in Young Women's, but these girls are probably triple what we were. haha :) They're super sweet, and have really cool testimonies. They put on a devotional this week, which was titled "Women at the Well." It is a really cool hour long program of songs and solos about women from the Bible, Book of Mormon, and I think even modern days. It was so beautiful to listen to the music, and they even let us sing in the group songs! It was so touching, and those who didn't cry were really close to. :) If you get a chance, I would recommend that you listen to it. We had to dress up in Christ's period clothing (I just added a scarf around my hair) and some of the members thought that we were extra young women instead of missionaries. haha :) Oops!
Oh! And we had a great first English class with the Senior Couple. :) There are some seasonal employees that come into our area to work on the vineyards. There's a large group of Tongans, most of which don't speak too much English. So we've started up an English class near them. They loved it, and hopefully we'll be able to work out a time so that they don't have to give up their dinner to take the lessons. haha :) They asked us to come back, and one of the members came to me at church and started practicing what we had taught in the lesson that week! :)
South African phrase: Fetch. It means similar to pick up. "Hey, will you come fetch me?" (Will you come pick me up?) "I don't know why he fetched me so early" (I don't know why he picked me up so early.) It's fun being with Sister Hughes.
2 Nephi 10:14-- For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish, for I, the Lord, the king of heaven, will be their king, and I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words.
I love this scripture because of the description that our Saviour gives to us. He is the King of Heaven, and so He will be our King too. He will be a light to us, Forever! He will always be there to guide us, and direct us. Christ is the One and Only who will be able to lead us in a way of love, and I love that. Look to Him and His light, and all will be well. :)
Photos: Women at the well, and some funny weather!
![]() |
| Sister Talbot, a young woman from the ward, and Sister Hughes |
![]() |
| Beautiful Australia |
![]() |
| Beautiful Australia |



No comments:
Post a Comment