This is.... Sister Talbot! And in case you're wondering what on earth that subject is, it's a mix between a moose and a caribou. It doesn't exist, but if you think that a caribou grows up to be a moose, then it would be a transition stage.... And that's how I feel about the mission so far. I'm not fully a missionary yet, so I'm not a moose, but I'm definitely not a civilian, so I'm somewhere in between.
My Companion is Sister Mohlman, (Pronounced Moleman) and she's pretty awesome! We get along pretty great. Though she missed her flight on Wednesday, so she was about 3-4 hours late. She's going to Perth, too! I'll have a travel buddy with me!!! The MTC has been the most discouraging and encouraging thing a missionary can go through. We can have the spirit guide us every step in one lesson, and then the next have to struggle through the whole time. I love it here, and as much stress as it has caused me, it is probably for the best. My district has 8 of us total, and we're going to either Australia, New Hampshire, or India. We're an awesome group, and have been pretty close since day 2. The zone is awesome, though not as awesome as my district. haha :) We eat meals together, and have other events together like the temple walk. Fast Sunday is the best kind of Sunday that you can experience here. They cut down on the amount of meetings that you have, and give you a lot of time for reflection. We do have the normal meetings, but also add some too! Maybe I'll have more to comment on that next week after I've experienced a regular Sunday as well.
My teachers are awesome! They are willing to work with us in a way that keeps us awake and learning. They're awesome! Though they did make us teach an investigator our second day in the MTC.... That wasn't very nice of them. haha Oh! Letters are awesome, and I can read them throughout the week. If you want to send me one, I'l put my MTC address in here too.... I'm still trying to figure out gmail, so I hope you can all see the photos. We took them on our temple walk on Sunday.
Spiritual thought of the week. D&C 100:1, warning: it made me cry when I read it the first time, so please don't blame me if you do, too.
Doctrine and Covenants 100:1
Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friends Sidney and Joseph, your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power.
The sisters in the zone left us that scripture on the first night of us reporting the the MTC. And as much as it hurts to be away from my family, I know that I'm where I need to be. Another little thought. Christ turned out of himself in order to help those around him while he was on the earth. What's one thing you can do this week to forget yourself and turn toward others?
Sister Hollee Talbot
MAY24 AST-PER
2005 N 900 E Unit 21
Doctrine and Covenants 100:1
Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friends Sidney and Joseph, your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power.
The sisters in the zone left us that scripture on the first night of us reporting the the MTC. And as much as it hurts to be away from my family, I know that I'm where I need to be. Another little thought. Christ turned out of himself in order to help those around him while he was on the earth. What's one thing you can do this week to forget yourself and turn toward others?
Sister Hollee Talbot
MAY24 AST-PER
2005 N 900 E Unit 21
Provo UT 84602
No comments:
Post a Comment