Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Chunky or Trunky?

Well,  this week was awesome! We are getting settled into the flat and into the new area.  It is great! We also had Zone Conference, which was super cool too. 

Let's start with Zone Conference! So this time we talked a lot about our key indicators and what they are.  It was impressive that even after this long, the definitions really still do stand out.  I guess some of us had been looking at the indicators a little different, and so we got more instruction on it.  It should be really good. We also talked about the Doctrine of Christ, and some of us were even asked to come up and share a talk about it.  The new couple missionaries over flats and fleet cars came and gave an interesting presentation as well. They had me, sister Hughes, and a few others come up and draw on pictures of some celebrities. It was fun/funny. But then, she asked an elder to come up and do the same, only on a picture of Christ. We all gasped and he quickly retreated when he could see the picture. She related it to how we treat our flats.  If we are treating them with respect, and allowing the spirit to be able to dwell there, then we are doing our job right.  Food for thought.  

Also, there has been a word creeping in conversations around me.  The word is Trunky. Simply it means thinking a little too much about home and not enough about the work.  I don't think I'm doing it.  So whenever someone asks if I'm Trunky,  my companion responds "yeah, she is chunky." I think I'd rather be chunky than Trunky. Haha 

Oh!  Another cool story.  We were working in one of our areas, and we were just sitting down for studies when we got a phone call from a YSA. "Hi!  I'm Jade, I'm a YSA in your ward and I'd like to meet you!" We then had her come visit us at the park, and she joined us for the whole day of work! She went tracting, following up, and visiting with us.  It was awesome! 

And! The bishop of the neighboring ward had heard about a convention happening in his area and wanted our help with it.  It was on Sunday, and started right at the time that his ward meets. So he had us taking care if a family history booth and a Just Serve booth inside this convention.  It was so fun! We talked to people about family history and service from about 8-12:30! It was so cool to see their interest in it, and to invite them to try it out.  It was an awesome unique opportunity to share the gospel.  

Aussie word: push bike.  Bike.  It's so funny when we are biking and people are talking about our push bikes. We don't push them anywhere, we pedal! 😁

Spiritual thought for this week: Coming from President Nelson in the women's session of conference.  He challenged all of us 8+ to read the entire Book of Mormon before the new year, marking all the references to our savior. How cool is that? I started that this week, and I've loved it.  I've already done it once, but I'm doing it again.  There is such power in that book.  Keep reading it, and I can promise that you will feel the power that comes from it too.  It is true.  

Love,
Sister Hollee Talbot



Harvey Dam

Harvey Dam

Emu



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!