G'day everyone! :) How ya goin?
This week has been really busy and wet. But it's been good! Last week during emails, I took Sister Hughes' email to start a little google chat with her. I used the word Golden as the first thing I sent her on this chat. :) She responded by calling me Oldie. I told her I wasn't old, I just wasn't as golden as she was. She responds with Golden Oldie.
I guess that's what I am, because she keeps calling me that. haha :) You may decide what it means.
Busy, busy, busy. :) We did quite a bit of finding, some training for the smartphones that we will get this week, and some crazy regular member visits. :) It has been a really good week. Yes, we are getting smartphones this week, and it'll be a very new experience for us. I'm a little nervous because I will not only have to train Sis (she's not hard to train, but still), and I now have to train myself how to use a smartphone in a way that shows I'm a missionary. They've emphasized that we're getting the phones for two reasons: 1) To have just another tool to further the work along. We aren't getting all the technology to start off, but there will be options later on about proselyting online. 2) To help us missionaries develop good habits with technology that will help us be better in the future. I'm really excited about this aspect, because it will not only keep me open to talking to people here, but also help me keep a good balance for when I'm back home.
...Pause... Our Relief Society President just called us, but since we're at the library we texted her saying we would call her once we've left. She just came over to tell us that she invited a friend to listen to a spiritual discussion from us! :) And it's a bonus that the friend said yes! :) #miracle #membermissionary
Aussie phrase: Knee-high to a grasshopper. Very short. haha :) I've only heard it once by our Branch Mission leader. But he's full Aussie, so I'm sure it's fairly authentic. haha
And for the thing you've all been waiting for! The scripture of the week is 2 Nephi 1:21--And now that my soul might have joy in you, and that my heart might leave this world with gladness because of you, that I might not be brought down with grief and sorrow to the grave, arise from the dust, my sons, and be men, and be determined in one mind and in one heart, united in all things, that ye may not come down into captivity.
I love that this one ends in a way that makes it seem like it's a call to rise up. I was reading it, and was already excited for our day, but after reading this, I was ready and wanting to go! It was like a battle cry in a way, motivating us to work just a little harder. If you feel a little down, whether on yourself or about the work you're doing, I highly recommend this verse. :)
Love you all! Have a great week.
Photos: A nice camera's view of us, a frog hanging out with us (Anyone know what kind that is?) and a nice view of Busselton Bush. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment