Sunday, August 26, 2018

Fishers of (Wo) Man

Okay, so President Bennallack was here last week, and after,  telling them about our fabulous 1.8 Km long Jetty that Busselton is Famous for.  Well, we went contacting along the jetty right around the time that they should have been off of the jetty.... haha. Turns out they finished it right as we were talking to a family at the end of the Jetty.  President then suggested that we contact the fishermen on the Jetty itself, because they're normally more local.  So we did.  Sure enough, there was an Aussie fisher (wo)man who just happened to start up a conversation with us.  We invited her to come to church, and she said if she was in town, yes!  It was so fun, and just made my night. 

Cute story:  We knocked on a 92 year old's door.  She was so cute and really wanted to hear our message, but her caregiver was standing right behind her shaking her head no.  We quickly caught on that she has dementia after telling her what church we were from about 5-6 times.  :)  She then caught on that we weren't entering her home and she asked, "Am I a duck up a creek? What's going on?"  haha :)  We kindly told her we were afraid that she was busy and gave her a pamphlet.  We in turn got about 5 hugs. :)  She was so cute. 

Aussie Phrase: Knackered.  I think I've used this one before, but it means tired.  We're just so knackered every night. haha like really really tired.  Good thing we love this work.  <3

Ether 12:37--And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father. 

I've been hit with my weaknesses in my face lately, and of course came to the realization that not every weakness that I've worked on has actually been "fixed." The dang things need attention more than what I have been giving them, so they're starting to creep back in.  But I love that because of them we're able to be stronger.  It says in just a few verses before (27) that we are given weaknesses to be humble, and that he'll make us strong, then repeats it just a little while later.  I also was reading a talk about weaknesses lately, and it gave 14 suggestions on how not to be discouraged about our weaknesses.  One that I want to work on is not comparing myself with others.  We all have unique talents that Heavenly Father has given us, and there is no need for us to all be strong in the same areas.  Stop comparing, and I'd be willing to bet that your NST will go down as well.  :) 

Have a great week!

Silly Selfies, a picture of the Jetty, and the Dunsborough foreshore.  :) 

Sister Hollee Talbot

Sister Talbot
Sister Talbot and Sister Hughes


Busselton Jetty

Dunsborough Foreshore


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!