So the Bennallacks came down to our beloved Busselton to see what it's like down here. He just casually mentioned it during our interviews last week. It was my first time having my mission president visit my area, so I wasn't sure what was going to happen. We have a calendar that we use to keep track of things, and just to remind us, but not to be too obvious if they came to our flat, we wrote Ben to Busso. haha :) They didn't come to our flat, but it was funny to say, and seemed like a book or movie title, so we left it there.
This week we had a family history event led by the Aleknas. It was so cool! We had two different sessions going, one for beginners and one for advanced historians. There were about 40 people there, and they were all very interested in hearing what was said. The Aleknas had gone to the 4 libraries in our area and asked them to post a flier about the event. Capel (30 minutes away) and Dunsborough (30 mins away) had quite a few people turn out! It was such a great day, and a lot of those who came have asked for more help! It was so fun. :)
So this week we got a little down on our spirits, since most of the people that we were teaching went radio silent on us. So we had some great time to go finding door to door. It was such a spirit booster for us! We weren't able to find anyone (just yet) but the spirit came so strong into our companionship that day that we were able to get back to the full smiles on our faces. :) We loved it, and have been able to do quite a bit of that this week.
Aussie word: Chuck (to throw up). So Aussies laugh at our Chuck A Rama restaurant back home... haha :) Didn't think of it like that. :)
And the scripture this week is Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16--15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
At this point in my mission I've begun to feel like I wasn't sure how well I had done on my mission. I've worked hard, but have I worked hard enough? Thoughts like that (Negative Self Talk) have been rolling around my head recently. I prayed at the beginning of my studies the question: Have I done what I needed to do? And this morning I found this beautiful answer. I may not have had all the glam that some other missions have, but what I have learned and what I have taught has been enough. I love this. To anyone who may be letting their Negative Self Talk roll around their heads again: STOP! Heavenly Father Loves You. And He isn't going to leave you. Work hard, leave it all on the table, and know that He will accept you as you are.
Love you All!
Photos: The Jetty! :)
Sister Hollee Talbot
No comments:
Post a Comment