Sunday, September 2, 2018

Busselton Branch Out



*Disclaimer* I'm using quite a few words where Australians and Americans argue about the spelling.  Since the computer wins this battle here, we're going with these spellings, even if it looks so wrong.

The title of this week comes from a conversation that we had with our branch mission leader yesterday.  We're planning to start with the Busselton Branch Council and then Branch Out from there.  Sis and I had a little giggle that we were going to Branch out in the Busselton Branch.  :)

This week has been a good one!  We taught a few lessons and had a few member presents, which was really good!  We've been doing an English class with the Tongan Seasonal Harvesters, and this week we did something a little extra and added a small lesson at the end of it.  It was great! They were given the option to leave or at least grab a cupcake before we started, but they were so sweet and chose to wait until after the lesson was over to eat them.  :) 

SERVICE!!!  It makes me happy.  :)  So this week we tried out a service that one of our members referred us to.  The Busselton Museum caught fire a couple months before I got here, and thankfully they were able to put it out.  Though it did burn some of the artefacts*, many survived and were just covered with smoke stain.  That's where this service comes in!  We get the smoke covered items and clean them up. :)  They gave us a fire poker set to clean when we got there at 9, and then at 12, we had turned it from black to a shiny gold colour*!  (Photos to follow, more on blog)  It was so fun, and it also helped us to learn heaps of the history of Busselton.  It's not too old of an area, but it's got some awesome stuff starting up!

Aussie word: Fob.  Fob off! (Get lost)  Knick. Knick off (Go away)  It's funny that I learned these ones from my Branch Mission Leader..... haha

The Scripture this week is one I've been looking for like my whole mission!!! Romans 15:4-- For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

As I've encouraged and invited others to read scriptures, I've always wanted a scripture that says the word scripture and has the promised blessings in the same passage.  FOUND ONE!!! haha :)  (Though since finding this one, I've found more.) :)  I love that we are promised Peace, Comfort, Hope and Learning from our time in the scriptures. Need hope? Go to the scriptures. :)  I love it!  I was so happy about finding this one. 

Pictures: My Scriptures**!  Before and After of the service, and a funny little street art we found in Cowaramup.  :) 

**There is an Aboriginal member in the Stake I'm serving in who paints aboriginal art on scriptures.  She did this on mine, and I'm in love with it.  It is so cool!  There is a story behind it (most paintings this style do) but I haven't emailed her to get it yet, story pending. :) 

Sister Hollee Talbot


Angel Sister Hollee

Aboriginal art on Sister Talbot's scriptures




Fire set damaged by a fire, before being cleaned
Fire set, all clean

Sister Hughes working on fire poker




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!