Well, it has been a rather exciting and sad week for us. We have changed Mission Presidents.
President and Sister Fife have been absolutely fantastic for our mission. They have led with the love and strength and will that we needed. They have taught me so much about becoming the disciple of Christ that I have the potential to be. I love them so much and hope they were able to feel the love that I have for them. They have changed my life.
President and Sister Bennallack are lovingly bold. That was my first impression of them at the Meet the Mission President meeting, and I think that it's amazing! He's seen what great work we're doing with what we have, and instead of changing, he's planning to build off of it. They have already added that we need to invite people more, even given us a goal of 10 per missionary per day. He gave us that challenge, and then that night followed his own challenge, and invited a lady to hear the missionary discussions. She said yes, and now my mission president has a person to teach! haha :) I'm excited to see where we can go and build to!
Funny/ cute little story. Amidst all the meetings we had this week, we found some time to go tracting. The street was rather quiet, but towards the end we got to a group of little units. As we walked up, we noticed that a car was running, and decided to go talk to the driver before she pulled away. She was really happy to talk to us, and asked for a pamphlet and for us to come back. We gave her one and then asked for her name. She told us, and then we introduced ourselves. "You have funny names." :) "Oh! These are our surnames, not our first names." "Oh well, in that case, I'd be Sister Taylor!" :) She made our day, and now we're going to teach her why she is Sister. haha
Aussie Phrase: Knackered. It means tired/wiped out. haha :) Whether that is by sickness or just doing too much.
Scripture this week comes from Alma 31:5--And now, as the preaching of the word had a great tendency to lead the people to do that which was just—yea, it had had more powerful effect upon the minds of the people than the sword, or anything else, which had happened unto them—therefore Alma thought it was expedient that they should try the virtue of the word of God.
(My dad just referenced me to this.) :) We have the sharpest, most effective tool in our hands, pockets, and even phones! Are we practicing how to use it, sharpening our skills to be able to show it's power? I love that the more we read the scriptures the more we're able to share what we've learned! Keep gaining more power. :)
Stormy day selfies and the contents of a package I got. :)
Love you all! Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment