Sunday, July 15, 2018

Coming Out of Left Field

Honestly, this week has been great!  But the kind of great where it's been just fairly normal so I wasn't sure what I was going to tell you all this week.... But then Sunday came out of left field and has left us in shock.  :)  I shall narrate it a little differently to make it easier... In story telling mode! (Side note: I'm not quite sure why that phrase means what it does, but I use it like something shocking, not seen ahead of time, etc.)
 
Sunday night, and we're driving home from a Branch President's Youth Fireside. "We're going to be companions again for another transfer!" says Sister Eritara.

"Don't be too sure, it's only 7:45, I've heard stories of President calling as late as 8.  We're not out of the woods just yet," I jokingly say, even though I was sure we were staying together.  We get home and throw our frozen pizza in the oven, and then hear our phone ringing.  We jump and look at it, but it's only the District leader calling to correlate with us.  We give him our numbers and he tells us where all the missionaries are being transferred to.  We then tell him goodnight and enjoy our now cooked pizza. 

But a couple minutes later, we get a text from the Sister Training Leaders saying "We heard you got a call!  Where are you going??"  We just laugh and tell them we weren't being transferred, and that we were staying together.  8:45 rolls by, and our phone rings again.  I was writing at my desk and Sis grabs the phone, and notices President's name on the caller ID....  So even after we thought we were safe, we weren't. We totally weren't expecting it, and were just left in shock.  That phone call came out of left field, and now we're trying recover.  I'm leading the area, and am going to be training.  Sister Eritara is headed up to Dianella, and will be opening an area. 

Finding has been actually really good this week. We found quite a few people, but they didn't want to set any appointments for us to come by again, so we're just going to be dropping by when we're in the area again.  :) 

Aussie Word: Wobbly.  I think it means kind of like tantrum.  Like you'd be upset over something and would throw a wobbly. 

The Scripture of the week comes from 1 Nephi 8:30--But, to be short in writing, behold, he saw other multitudes pressing forward; and they came and caught hold of the end of the rod of iron; and they did press their way forward, continually holding fast to the rod of iron, until they came forth and fell down and partook of the fruit of the tree.  

I don't remember if I've used this one before, but I really like it, so I'm using it again.  This is in the middle of the Tree of Life vision that Lehi had, and I'm amazed at the four main groups that he sees.  I love this group, because they got to the tree, and STAYED THERE.  They didn't listen to the mocking of that great and spacious building, they clung tight to that precious fruit.  How wonderful it is that we have the chance to get to that fruit. I want to be one to stay.  Keep up the great work of fighting to stay there yourselves.  (and!) For those who are worried they've walked away, it is never too late to come back and try the fruit again.  <3

More silly selfies, because it seems that's all the photos we take... :) haha

Sister Hollee Talbot

Sister Talbot and Sister Eritara

Curly hair selfie

Sister Eritara and Sister Talbot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!