Well, I am in Busselton still, though it was a strange 48 hours outside of it. I definitely felt like a fish out of water in Perth again.... I knew where most things were, but I definitely didn't feel like I belonged there. I definitely am supposed to be in My Busselton. A lot of transfers happened, most of which I wasn't too aware of, but here's some crazy news: 13 missionaries finished their missions-Including my beloved Trainer Sister Perkins-, 4 missionaries came in-including my golden-, and they had to close a few areas because of the difference in numbers. So they closed a few sister areas, making the closest Sisters to our area about 2 hours drive away.... It's crazy to think about, but hey! At least we have the Aleknas to keep us company down here.
Sister Hughes is my cute Golden! :) She's from South Africa, and is so ready and prepared for her mission. I'm excited to work with her, and see how things will go in this area. The branch is so excited to have another Golden, and they treat her so well. It's like they can tell that they are being trusted with a Golden, and are trying to live up to it. :)
While I was without a companion, waiting for my golden, I was with Sister Mohlman!! (My MTC companion.) It was soo fun to be together and see how much both of us have grown. She was just transferred into her area, and she is training as well, so I helped her figure out a few things before her Golden came into the area the next day. All of her ward was a little confused at them meeting me and then me telling them that I'm not their new missionary.... haha :) Sorry! Busselton is mine.
Oh! One more thing: I got to play the violin this week! We had a talent night on Saturday, which was sooo adorable! Everyone brought a cute little act, and it was fun to see how children and parents both got involved. I played a duet with a member that is self taught. (I almost considered doing a solo afterwards, but decided that it wasn't good to have too many violin acts in there. ) And then for the musical item on Sunday I also played the accompaniment for Amazing Grace while the choir sang. This branch is incredible. Some wards don't have enough support for a choir, but our branch does. How special is that?
Aussie word: Mate. I know I've been in Australia when I start using Mate more than man. haha :)
Scripture: Doctrine and Covenants 6:36--36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.I love that He tells us to look to Him in Every thought that we have. I was really nervous about bringing a Golden into this area when I myself still felt new. But during the Trainer's Training meeting, President emphasized so many times that we are chosen as trainers because we are trusted. We wouldn't be given this opportunity if we weren't some of the best missionaries in the mission. During that meeting the spirit bore testimony that I can do it, and am needed here for her and our area. He knows what he's doing, and He wants what's best for us. It will be a wonderful thing for us to do here. <3
Photos: My Golden Sister Hughes and I! An Aussie landscape, and a silly photo of Sister E. :)
Sister Hollee Talbot
Proud of you, Sister Talbot. its great that you get to play your violin on your mission. Sending love,
ReplyDeleteMcKell Scanlan