Sunday, June 17, 2018

I Guess I'm Turning Into An Aussie...

Oh man, what a week. It was great! It started off just a little slow, but I think that's because I'm still learning where I am all the time. Also, we're in the country area, so it means that like 90% of our branch is Aussie. I've heard various comments, but I think that they are so funny.

"Don't you just love the way she says Melbourne?" (I say it like an Aussie)
"I never thought that I would hear an American say 'Sausage Sizzle.'"
"So which part of Australia are you from?"
"You'll sound like an Aussie before you go home!"

I totally still sound American, but apparently there's some times that I have a bit of an Aussie accent instead.

Totally fun little miracle this week: We were introducing me to an investigator and her family, and I'm sitting there talking to the investigator while the daughters are like attacking Sis with their affection. While they're doing that, she asked them what school they go to. They told her, and she knew that it matched up with another member's school! Turns out that they're classmates, and that the mums are friends too! We were so excited to hear about that, and now we've got some seriously awesome fellowship!

This weekend we had Zone Conference, which was great! It was President Fife's last one, so we had quite a bit that we wanted to fit in. He gives each departing missionary a training about how to stay active after the mission. He decided that since he couldn't give any more of that, that he would tell us all about it this time. It was good, really empowering to show that we have complete control of whether or not we stay on this path once we get back home. He told us 6 things to focus on. :) (Which I will include in my next email, because I can only remember like 5 of them.)

Aussie thing: Brumbies. They're a type of horse that run wild in Australia. I haven't seen them because they prefer mountain like areas, but for all those that watched Man From Snowy River, they're a real deal. Plus, I guess it's unusual for Americans to have seen that movie.

Scripture of this week: John 12:35-36--35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. 

When we're able to embrace the light, then we're able to enjoy the ability of being able to see more than what we would without it. With our Saviour, we're able to see so much more, and much more clearer into our future. We might not know what it holds, but we can see that it will be good. :) Plus, as we accept Him, we are able to be His, which makes life so much better. 

Love you all!

Photos: The Busselton Jetty! So there's a 2 k long man-made jetty into the bay that Busselton is in, and we walked it. It is so pretty!
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Sister Hollee Talbot


Busselton Jetty








Sister Eritara and Sister Talbot on the Busselton Jetty




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!