Sunday, June 10, 2018

Busselton

Oh my goodness, change is so hard, but I know that it is worth it.

A couple of days ago, I said goodbye to a few more members of my beloved playground, Alexander Heights, and started south.... I didn't anticipate just how south I would go. After not driving a car for 7 months, I was handed a pair of keys, and was told to drive to my new area! :) It was awesome, but going from nothing to driving 4 hours south of Perth about killed me. :) (I'm being dramatic, we lived and got there rather peacefully.) I thought that it was green up north where I'd served so far, but the farther we drove, the more and more green it was. It was so great!

Busselton Branch is simply adorable: They are so strong and working on becoming a ward. I think they're only a few people short of it, so let's see what we can do about that! haha :) Our chapel is an old home for Nuns, I guess they sold it to us a while ago. It's right in the middle of the central business district, and really close to our flat. :) The hardest part is the distance, some of them have an hour's drive to come to church, which just shows how dedicated they are. They're super sweet too.

My camera didn't get to see Busselton yet, but I will have photos next week. :)

Aussie word: Snags, It might mean Sausages, or it might mean sausages and eggs. I'm not sure. haha

Scripture of the week: Alma 5:38--Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd, to the name by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.

I like this one, I read it during my studies this week. I've been reading in Preach My Gospel about the Book of Mormon answering questions of the soul. It used this scripture to answer the question: Does God know me? I thought it was rather interesting that it used this. If He wants to call us, He will call us by name. In order for our name to be called, He has to know it. He knows us individually and takes care of us in the ways that we need. How amazing that we aren't forgotten or left behind. Ohana means Family, and family means no one gets left behind. How beautiful our Father in Heaven leads our family.

Photos: Final Companionship photo, A selfie with Dolly, and the Watenes. :)

Sister Hollee Talbot

Sister Talbot and Sister Tyler


A selfie with Dolly before leaving Alexander Heights. Dolly has cute nicknames for the sisters, she called Sister Talbot, Holy, she called Sister Tuifua, Sugarknickers, and Sister Tyler, Tawnee :)


Sister Talbot, Sister Tyler, and the Watenes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!