Hey all! How ya going?
I'm doing good! There isn't too much to report this week. The weather has been fabulously warm at 18 and it's been very pleasant to talk to people because good weather means good moods. :)haha We have even eaten our lunch on the grassy shore, which was the most relaxing lunch I've had. Ever. haha :)
Also! It seems that missionaries in the past have been rather shy about extending commitments to people, and it's been like 7 months or so since they've had a really bold missionary.... Then I walked into the picture. haha :) I honestly didn't think that I was too terribly bold, I was just enough that it would get my point across and help people actually make commitments that I wanted them to. All this week people have been commenting "This is what we need!" "See? With her boldness, you can get a lot more done!" It's been interesting because I've worked up to this level, I just don't know if they're thinking it's a good thing or a bad thing. haha I think it's good. So I've been bold as this week. :)
Aussie shortening: Busso. Busselton. :) Also Chewie (chewing gum). Nothing is ever it's full name or label. haha
As for the scripture this week: 2 Nephi 26:22--And there are also secret combinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the devil, for he is the founder of all these things; yea, the founder of murder, and works of darkness; yea, and he leadeth them by the neck with a flaxen cord, until he bindeth them with his strong cords forever.
We're going to use this in a visit that we have tonight, but I love this thought. Yes, you can break just one sin without really worrying too much. But it's that one that adds to another and another and soon enough you've got a strong cord made up of a bunch of little cords. That's where you get trapped. Let's see what cords are around our neck, or around our wrists, binding us and leading us to where we don't want to go. I can promise that you'll be happier when you break these.
Love you!
Photos: a companion selfie, and some silly photos from Zone P-day.
No comments:
Post a Comment