Thursday, May 31, 2018

Getting Caught in the Rain!

Winter is coming, and so is the rain!  It's been raining almost all day every day since last week, which has made it rather cold, but we're still working!  Someone told us that we should stay in, and we just laughed and told her "Rain or shine, we're working!"  It's been a great week to prove that we mean it.  Dream team right here in Alexander Heights.  We've had heaps of teaching appointments which has been awesome!  This also clues us in that we're going to come across a lot of opposition because we're doing so good.  

So most of you know that we are a biking area, which I love.  :)  It keeps me out of my shell and makes me talk to people.  The downfall to it: We get caught in the rain and have no where to go but through!  I've been soaked through many times this week, which has been pretty funny.  We actually have been laughing more than complaining about that.  Last week, we biked to the farthest suburb that we have in our area, which takes about 40 ish minutes from our flat.  On our way there, Sis's chain slipped off, but we were close enough that we just locked them up and went to the lesson.  Afterwards we came and fixed the chain, and then noticed that the tire had completely flattened.  So we called the elders to come take the bikes and we bussed it the rest of the night.  Turns out the tire was beyond repair, so it took us a while to find the time to get a new one.  But we got them back.  :)  But our troubles didn't end there.  I guess I had a really nice looking front wheel, because someone decided to steal it this week.  Once again the elders came to bail us out, and we had to bus home.  There's gotta be something really good in store for this area, because we've got quite the bike troubles.  :)  

We also had interviews with President Fife this week.  It's one of my favourite things that we do each transfer with him.  I'm so grateful for his guidance and respect towards me.  He has such great advice that relates exactly to me and my situations.

Another funny story, some members have gone on holiday for 6 weeks, and when I'm still greeting them they say "You're still here??" Yep! Almost been here 8 months now.  In fact, even some members who see me each week greet me with that phrase.  

Aussie phrase: Crook~means sick.  We've been really crook this week.  I've been as crook as a dog...  Yeah, flu and cold season are upon us my friends.  Stay safe, stay healthy! 

The thought this week comes from President.  In interviews I asked him about how to know if I was doing everything right that I need to.  He told me that he wasn't the one that I should be asking, but Heavenly Father.  But then he told me a simple question to ask myself that will give me the answer: Am I feeling the spirit?  The Spirit is Heavenly Father's "Stamp of Approval" showing that we are doing it right.  Did I mess up? sure... Did I still feel the spirit? yeah, meaning that it was okay, and that He knows I'm trying.  What about you?  Are you still feeling the spirit? Yes? Great!  Keep it up, you're doing what Heavenly Father wants you to.  No? Then it's time to figure out how to invite it more fully into your life.  

Photos: The temple!  A companion falling asleep at 8, me getting caught taking a selfie with said sleeping companion, and a soggy photo of us! :)  

Have a great week!  Love you all! 


Sister Hollee Talbot

Sister Talbot, Sister Tyler, and the Temple!

Selfie with a sleeping companion

Busted taking a selfie with a sleeping companion

Soaked to the bone and laughing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!