Tuesday, June 5, 2018

With Goodbyes Comes More Hellos!

Well my dear friends, my time here has come to an end.   After a lovely 7 months here in my Alexander Heights, I've been assigned to go to Busselton.  Many people have asked me why I need to go down there?  Couldn't I have rejected that assignment? If I loved the people there, why would I be leaving?  (The area hasn't been too excited for me to leave, that's for sure. The members who understand transfers are okay with it, though they are sad.)   I answer that I do love them, and this area, but one thing I know much more: I love my Heavenly Father, and I know that He has called President Fife to lead our APM.  I trust that President knows how to receive revelation and this is where I'm supposed to go...  

 Busselton.  It's like a 4 hour drive from here.  I'm going down south, deep down, and country.  :)  Yikes!  That's a little different than what I'm used to.  :)   I've heard that it's going to be a branch, and that it's beautiful down there.  ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​What an adventure this adds to my Amazing Race.  

This weekend we had a Bonfire hosted by our Ward Mission Leader.  He's such an amazing guy, and just feels like he wants to do so much, and this is one of the ways that he wanted to start adding to our efforts.  :)  It was a really cool night, filled with a lot of different people.  Someone put a 12 year old and a Samoan in charge of keeping the fire, so we had a lot of tall fiery pillars of branches bigger than the fire pit catching fire.  :)  At one point I had backed away from it about 10 feet and still felt like I was a little too close.  :)  But!  We've already noticed a difference in the way that the members and recent converts there interact.  It helped them connect more than the "Hello" at church, and they loved that feeling.  I know that they're going to continue those, so I hope that other members take advantage of this cool opportunity. 

Aussie word: Crikey.  I've only heard  just a few say this, though I do hear many Americans trying to imitate Australians saying it.  ;) To be honest, I've tried a few times, but it felt funny to say it until we got the call telling me that I'm being transferred...  Then after we hung up, we were sitting there going, "What just happened?" "Crikey! Didn't see that coming!" 

Scripture is Moroni 8:3--I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.

As I read all the emails that are sent to me, I absolutely love how many people tell me that they're praying for me.  I love this scripture because it reminds me of you all.  :)  Know that I am praying for all of you.  :)  If we all keep praying for each other, the world will be good.  :)  

Also! For those who can, I would suggest watching the devotional that President Nelson did for the Youth.  It is so powerful, and I love the invitations that he gives to every youth and leader that is listening.  Go! Listen! and Commit! 

Photos:  Don't tell anyone, but I took my camera with me on a proselyting day.  :)  But I wanted pictures of dear families, I've worked with them a lot.   

Proof that we ride bikes, my studious companion, The Alonto Family, and Mwimbe and her kids.  <3



Sister Hollee Talbot


Mwimbe, Sister Talbot, and the kids

Sisters riding bikes!
Alonto Family, Sister Tyler and Sister Talbot


Studying Sister Tyler



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!