Sunday, April 8, 2018

Note by Note

Man!  Wasn't Conference AMAZING?  We watch it a week after Utah due to the time difference, and man, I loved this whole weekend.  It was just buzzing with the spirit, and full of insights that I want to add to my life.  One major thing that stood out to me was that many talked about the spirit being small and simple.  Which I agree with.  We think that the promptings that come need to be big, but really they're small, but they change our lives.  

Thinking about that this morning, it reminded me of when I was in College, and was taking violin lessons from one of the Professors.  She was a great teacher, and when we started a new piece, demanded that I took it as slow as possible, ignore any markings, and just play the notes until they were in tune.  We then slowly added in tempo, beats and more speed and flair.  I was able to play some incredible pieces during the three semesters I took lessons from her, but it all started note by note.  Heavenly Father has great plans ahead of you, and He knows that we need to work on the notes before we can start playing the whole piece.  What notes does He want you to work on right now? 

This past little bit we've been working on improving our visits with members.  With one member, we've been improving our visits with her for a while, but during one, we followed up with her about thinking about an activity to invite a non member to. She mentioned she was thinking about doing a Family Home evening, and then went on to talk about how she was making sure that she was living as the example for her less active and non member family. Her brother, who isn't a member, was listening too. He had done family home evenings with his family for a while, and thought that it was a great idea. He was the one that decided to make the planning, and put a date and time on the idea. :) It was great, and we're looking forward to having Family Home Evening with them now. :)  

Aussie thing:  The Common Wealth games.  I guess all those colonies (not America) who are still or used to be under the crown have something similar to the Olympics every 4 years or so.  It's on right now, and man, everyone is so excited about it! It's apparently been really good, and the opening ceremonies had a lot of cool performances in it.  :)  

And for the thought this week, I'm going to use the Saturday morning session of General Conference.  I talked about this with another missionary, and we realized that there have only been about 15 solemn assemblies in the history of this dispensation.  I love that we have been given the blessing, no matter where we are living, to be able to sustain the prophet, his councillors, and the twelve apostles.  Heavenly Father loves us so much that there isn't much time between our prophets.  He wants us to hear His word.  How are we going to change from the things that we have been taught in Conference? 

Love you all! 


Photos: Our silly District. :) 
Our Silly District

Our Silly District

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!