Another thing that didn't happen this week was General Conference. Since it's happening at like midnight over here, we watch it the week after. But of course, so member watch it live, or just online, and then us missionaries have a week of spoiler alerts before we actually are able to fully watch conference. :) At one point I felt like saying "Stop spoiling Conference!" haha :)
Oh! Good Friday is a big thing to celebrate over here. I felt a little funny going to one because I had never really celebrated it. Along with Hot Cross Buns, which I have never tasted before. A less active almost gave us one, but it was Fast Sunday...
I got a hug from a stranger while tracting yesterday.... Unfortunately. After having turned down a marriage proposal from him at the beginning, we went on to teach about the Book of Mormon and gave him one. The whole time he kept calling us beautiful, which I know to be a sign of concern for me.... People don't normally call the strangers at their door beautiful, so I know from experience that you have to be on your toes when they do call you that. At the end, I go to shake his hand and he pushes past it and give me this big hug... And the same to Sister Tyler.... Yikes! He told us we could come around any time to see what he thought about the book.... We're thinking we're going to send the Elders. :)
Tradie. Someone who works a trade, like plumbing, tiling, etc. :)
Thought: "Easter is the day that Changed Everything" ~President Utchdorf. I think that this is so true! Without Easter, we really wouldn't be celebrating much, or even have the hope that it gives us. As you look back to your Easter Celebration, I'd invite you to make sure you tell Heavenly Father why you're grateful for our Saviour.
Photos: Easter selfies, and bus stop selfies from last P-day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment