My family calls that hump day, so that's what that is for me! haha
And guess how I celebrated it? With Allan's baptism!
Oh it was so good to see him enter into that covenant with Heavenly Father. He looked so excited before it happened, and couldn't stop smiling afterwards! He told us later that he just felt so happy and serene, and that all he wanted to do that night was read the books that he had been given. He finds all of them the most interesting books he's ever read. :) You could also tell how happy he was during the closing song at his baptism, because he was the loudest singer in the room. :) He's normally pretty quiet during the hymns, but not anymore!
As for the rest of the week, we spent some time tracting, but have had to stay in the flat due to some little sicknesses that have hit both Sis and I. If you wouldn't mind praying for us, that would be appreciated. :)
Oh! One more thing! In Perth we use the Swan River as a landmark of directions. If you ask where something is, or where someone is serving, it's either north of the river, or south of the river. I have seen this river a few times, but had never crossed it due to serving in North Areas. I was able to cross it yesterday to go to a fireside! It was so cool! I've been south of the River! haha
Oh! One more thing! In Perth we use the Swan River as a landmark of directions. If you ask where something is, or where someone is serving, it's either north of the river, or south of the river. I have seen this river a few times, but had never crossed it due to serving in North Areas. I was able to cross it yesterday to go to a fireside! It was so cool! I've been south of the River! haha
Aussie action: The Australian Salute: Flies are very annoying here, they land on you! And you can't run away! So you simply swat at them while doing what you're doing. Walking down the street, contacting people, knocking on doors, etc. No where is safe. So during this devotional I went to last night, the Stake president was speaking, and just casually doing the Australian salute. :)
And for the scripture of the week.... There are so many good ones I found this week.... how to narrow it down.... Let's use Alma 32:28: Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
I feel like it takes a lot of courage to let that seed grow, even when we've had it grow for us before. But take courage! It will grow. I've been looking into faith a lot recently, and I love that we have so many scriptures that describe it for us. Let us pick something this week, a little faith seed, and plant it this week. Keep watering it, nourishing it, and watch it grow! President Fife has told me that watching ourselves grow is like watching grass grow. If you stand there watching it, it doesn't look like it's growing. If you take care of it, but focus on other things and come back to it, you'll fee the growth! :)
Photos: Allan with the Berrymans, Allan with us (In case you couldn't tell who the strange girls were. ;) ) random selfie (I love suprising Sis with "Hey, smile!") , and Camels! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment