Sunday, February 11, 2018

Master the Tempest is Raging

Let's start off with really good news! :) I'm officially an Auntie!  Her name is Maylee, and she was born on Friday!  Yay! 

Oh! and another thing.  I was swamped with photos last week of everyone celebrating my halfway mark with ice cream.  Thank you all so much!  I didn't have time to respond to all of them, but they made my day! 

Man, what a week.  :)  The sister training leaders thought that it would be a good idea with the sicknesses to go on splits with us.  I was with Sister Monson, and man, it was fun!  I felt kind of like I was the Sister Training Leader for a bit because I lead her around my area.  :)  We only caught like 2 wrong buses the two mornings that we did it.  :)  Good thing we had a bit of extra time. 

Oh! Another awesome thing!  We had Elder Haleck of the 70 come and visit our mission this week! :)  It was super cool to have him adding to our Zone conference, which was my favourite yet! (All of them are my favourite, so it just adds to my favourites!)  He talked a lot about the missionary examples that we have in The Book of Mormon, and how we can learn from the way they reacted to discouragement, and add it to the way that we react as well.  He also had us study the "Becoming a Disciple of Our Lord Jesus Christ" by Elder Hales, and then asked for our thoughts on it.  It was really cool to hear everyone's different experiences and ideas on the talk.  

Funny story! We were at a park waiting for a Blitz to start, and who is hanging out at the park but a very Aussie family.  The dad was using phrases that no Americans use, and I understood all of them! ha! I've been in Australia just a little while. haha :) 

Aussie Phrase: Let's hit the frog and toad: Let's hit the road. :)  Yes, this is one that the dad used while at the park. 

And for the thought this week, I'm using the title of my email.  "Master, the tempest is raging" which is Hymn no. 105.  

The winds and the waves shall obey thy will:
Peace, be still.
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
Or demons or men or whatever it be,
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean and earth and skies.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
Peace, be still; peace, be still.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
Peace, peace, be still.

These past few weeks it's felt like I'm in a tempest.  This song came to mind while I was thinking about the situations I'm in, and it is such an awesome peace message.  "The winds and the waves shall obey thy will."  Our Master, our Saviour has that power.  Trust in Him, and He shall direct thy paths, and he will calm the storms that you are going through.  He might not calm them in the way that you want, he might just give you the peace that you need to get through it.  

Photos: An attempted Zone selfie, a scarf that I got as a gift a while ago and was finally able to wear, and a selfie with a beanie that I got as a gift that I accidentally took zoomed in. haha :) 

Have a great week!


Sister Hollee Talbot

Zone Selfie

Beanie selfie, except you can't see the beanie, only our beautiful Sister Talbot :)

Scarf Selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!