Well, seeming how this is my last email, I thought I'd answer 20 questions for you all. My dad asked me these a while ago, but I've updated the answers to include all of my mission. I love you all, and am so glad you've come on my journey with me! Keep to the Faith, and keep moving forward.
How many areas have you served?
4
Where are those areas?
1) Currambine
2) Alexander Heights
3) Busselton
4) Australind
How many companions have you had?
6
Where are they from?
Las Vegas
Australia
Tonga
Samoa
Kiribati
South Africa
Who is your favorite companion?
All of them!
Why?
Because they have each taught me something completely different that I might not have learned without them.
What is your favorite area?
I love them all for different reasons.
Why?
Currambine was my family.
Alexander Heights was my playground.
Busselton was my peace and quiet.
Australind was my fresh start, my adventure.
What are your impressions of your mission president?
President Fife: Very bold, loud, and loving.
President Bennallack: Loving, with high expectations.
What is your favorite interaction with him so far?
President Fife: All the trainings that he gave.
President Bennallack: Having lunch with him after interviews in Busselton.
What is one of your favorite memories from your mission?
All of the times I could feel the spirit take over while we were teaching lessons. I constantly want to be that powerful to have the spirit guiding the lessons.
What is the funniest story from your mission?
Well, you already know it! When I lost my companion because she caught the train and I didn't... Haha I still check to make sure I have my companions now....
When have you felt the spirit the most while you have been out?
While visiting the temple, and each time I walked into a baptismal service. The spirit was strong it was like a mist!
What is your favorite scripture?
Alma 36:27
Has that changed since you left?
Yep!
If so, why?
I found this one just after I felt like I had struggled to match the demands that we were facing. Heavenly Father has done so much for me, and has granted me so much strength to do this mission. I will continue to trust in Him, because He is how I can accomplish any of this.
How has your knowledge and understanding of the scriptures changed over the past 18 months?
I have come to see them more as a comfort and guide for me. They are incredible maps for our lives and lessons to learn.
What have you learned about yourself since you left?
I have learned to be more confident in myself, and how to reach out to others too. I learned that I'm a hard working determined person, with the desire to follow our Heavenly Father's plan.
Would you do it over again if you have to?
Absolutely!
Why?
Because! I have been able to understand that this is the place that Heavenly Father has needed me to be. Nothing can teach the lessons in store for me like a mission. It may not be for everyone, but for me, Perth is the place.
Aussie word: Relies or Relo. Relatives! Aren't I lucky I get to see the relies this week?
No comments:
Post a Comment