Monday, November 12, 2018

Petting Kangaroos!



Hey all!  

So, before Sister Hughes tells you I'm responsible, I am not the reason a parakeet charged at her and bit her finger.  I am responsible for the kangaroos coming over and eating food from our hands though!  Oh, it was so cute to hold out my hand, and just see the kangaroos come and hop up to me for the food!  Pictures attached, more if mum wants to add them to the blog....  

This week has been good, just a little different.  We had a few meetings cancel on us, so we went finding quite a bit.  It was okay though, because it really has become quite fun. We biked quite a bit too, making it more fun, and so much more hot too. Summer is slowly creeping in now, but that's okay!  Everything works out just fine.  

This week we had a quiz night as an activity!  It was really fun to hear the random trivia, and to see the knowledge that our members had around us.  Plus, we managed to join a team/table of members that have been a little busy to let us come and see them lately.  They were stuck with us the whole night!  Mwhaha!  It was so fun to watch as they relaxed a little around us, had fun, and hopefully built a good relationship.  Now all we need to do is contact them to see when we can come visit them.  Fun fact: No one knows this, but a turkey is a country, a meat, and something that happens when you get three strikes in bowling.  It was my contribution to the quiz night.... haha :)  

Aussie phrase: CV. Just a different name for a resume.  :)  It makes it a little confusing for me to catch onto why people are doing things.  I've gotta do this for my CV...  

And for the scripture this week, Mosiah 14:3-5--
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

I have been reading from Jesus the Christ, and I passed the chapters about His Atonement this week.  I was so sad to read it, but so touched that He would suffer through all of that just for me.  And for you. And for everyone.  How wonderful it is to hear that if He had to do it just for one, He would.  I love that we are able to get back to live with our Heavenly Father again, and that it is all because of Him.  

Love you all! 
Sister Hollee Talbot



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!