P.s. my momma is going to send this off.... So if it comes on a day other than my pday, that is why. Because my momma loves me and will help me out.
The new area is very different, but that is okay, because it makes it an adventure! We didn't have much information to go off of (technology was holding the information and wasn't cooperating with us) but the people we did know were willing to help. I'm grateful they did. Currently we are called the homeless sisters because we don't have a flat. We are borrowing an elders' flat close to our area. They were kind enough to move in with the other elders. So... I'm homeless, but just house sitting for the time being.... work in progress, at least we have a place... Haha
it's all just a part of the changes.... especially when we're new.
So funny story. We were at the Sisters General session on Saturday, and we were the only sister missionaries there. (Only three wards, we are the only companionship in here.) As we were talking to a sweet sister, she told us she was in Leschenault ward, and that she wanted sisters. "Yeah, that's us!" No, I wish it was.... They were taken away. We don't have any. "Well, we're here!" No, they aren't coming here. "They're back!" Oh! You mean you're our sisters?! Haha she was so excited, and I think all the ward is.
Aussie word: squash and netball. Both are sports. Squash is like racquetball, and netball is like basketball, but without the backboard, and less dribbling, more passing, I think. Funny names though. Haha
And the thought I have is from President Eyring. He's awesome. I loved his most recent General Conference address, where it was focused on trying. We don't need to meet some unrealistic expectations. All we have to do is try, try, try. If you're tired, just keep trying. If you're afraid you're not enough, just keep trying. That is all that is asked of us, and that's what Heavenly Father wants from us. At times when you feel so not ready for whatever challenge may come, just try. I invite you guys to listen to conference, or follow the spirit to know which ones to read. Take the message to heart, and then.... Try. Try. Try.
Love you all!
Sister Hollee Talbot
Pictures: Emu, The Harvey Dam, A jenga tower... and a funny sign that we saw the other day. (The pictures disappeared, so we only have the jenga tower...and we will wait for the rest next week!)

No comments:
Post a Comment