We had a lesson at Bishop's house this week, which was soooo cool! He popped in to listen to what we were discussing in MCM on Sunday, when we got to talking about the family that Sis and I are teaching. He asked us if we had had a lesson with a member present yet, and we told him no. "Okay, then. We'll have one at my house at 6:00 on Tuesday. Dinner and a lesson, I'll invite the family."!!! :) He then had another meeting to go to, so he popped out of the meeting. It is so cool to be working with him, he has so much energy for everything! :) The lesson and dinner went so well! It was cool to see the way that the spirit touched them, both the members and those being taught. It was great to have, and was so exciting! They are really excited about it all. Hopefully we will be able to keep that energy up. At the end of the lesson, Bishop said, "Same time, same place, next week!" So we're looking forward to that as well.
We also had exchanges this week, I went up to Sister Merrill's area, and her companion went with Sister Hughes to our area. There were so many miracles in both area, I just don't know what to talk about. I can suffice it to say, we were blessed even though these areas are like 1 1/2 hours drive apart. :) <3 I loved being able to go there, to work with Sister Merrill. Her testimony is so strong, and I loved the way that the members related to what we shared. It's great! Sister Hughes had so many stories about leading the area, and bringing so many awesome miracles into our area too. There were even a few follow up appointments that she got too! as well!
Aussie phrase: Bug out. It means to get out of somewhere fast.. For FHE we went to family's home, and they were talking about the emergency preparedness, and all they were doing was just in case they needed to "bug out" fast. haha
And the scripture is: 2 Nephi 4:28--Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
I found this one this week, and had a little "ah ha!" moment. I'm not terribly sinful, but I realized that I had somehow let myself droop a little, and I wasn't as happy as I could be. That is still the enemy of my soul, even if I still have happy moments. Thankfully, we were at a point where a simple choice to be happy is what changes that. Then the next day, I found a scripture with a similar theme, and then again the following day! :) If there's something I need to learn, it's that I'm supposed to be happy. <3 :) Find something that is preventing your happiness, and find a way to change your attitude about it to be a little more happy. That way you're not allowing the enemy of your soul to control you! Go! Fight! Win! :)
Love you all!
Sister Hollee Talbot
Love you all!
Sister Hollee Talbot
![]() |
| Sister Hughes and Sister Talbot at the Perth Temple |
![]() |
| Perth Australia Temple |




No comments:
Post a Comment