Sunday, May 6, 2018

We Biked and Biked, and Now We Have No More Bikes!

 Hey all! How ya going?

This week has been grand and full of adventures. :) We've been on our bikes quite a bit, which is nice in the weather that we've been having. Our mission leaders have also been encouraging us to be on our bikes more, so we've been obedient to those suggestions as well. This Saturday we were biking up to follow up with some people that we had met before and wanted to see if they had read the things that we had given them. They weren't home, and so we were going to bike over to another suburb to visit some other people. I guess that wasn't Heavenly Father's plan for us that night, because as I stepped onto my bike, we heard this terrible squeaking noise. I looked down to find out that my tire was completely flat. Recognising that we didn't have anything to repair it, we walked over to a member's home to see if they had anything to fix it. They didn't either, but kindly offered to keep them in their garage and fix it Monday morning when the shops opened up again. We then headed off on foot, knowing that we no longer could go where we had planned to go. Many of the people we tried weren't home, and so we were about to leave when we remembered a former investigator to try. When we got there her daughter answered the door, and started talking to us. She was too young to remember what the missionaries had taught in the past, and was interested in hearing our message! :) Sometimes Heavenly Father has to pop our tires in order to get us to the people that He has prepared, but He will get us to them. :)

Other news is that I have officially been out on my mission for one year!! It's crazy to think that time has flown by so fast, but I am so grateful to be here. I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is the chance of a lifetime to change not only my own life, but other's as well. Thank you all for following this journey with me and sending me your love and support all the year long. It means so much to me.

We also got a new Ward Mission Leader yesterday. I'm sad to see the other one go, but I'm excited to work with the new one. We've started up HEAPS of good things in the ward, and I think that we're going to build on that. It's going to be great!

Aussie word: Bogan (Australian's Red Necks) sometimes you just run into one of them, and you think "So this is where America got it's view of what Australians are like...." haha :) Really cool people, but yeah.... just different. AND! Happy as Larry. I don't know who Larry is, but everyone tells me that he's a happy chap. How ya going? "Happy as Larry" I'm beginning to think that they don't even know Larry either, but hey! He's happy, they're happy.

Scripture: Joseph Smith-- Mathew 1:49-50--
49 Who, then, is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
50 Blessed is that servant whom his lord, when he cometh, shall find so doing; and verily I say unto you, he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

I like the thought that this servant is caught doing something good. Something that he was told to do. We're told to be ready, to be working hard in building the Kingdom of God. Like this servant, we don't know when our Master is going to come again. But if we are going to be caught in the act of doing something, I sure hope that I'm caught doing something in helping another. I've come to love serving others, and I know that it's through those services that we will be prepared for that servant to receive a great reward. :)

Photos: The camera wasn't touched too much.... haha :) Here's a silly selfie of me laying on the ground, and a block of wood a member made into a candle holder for me. :) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!