Happy Anzac day! Well, not yet, but close! :) Australian and New Zealand Army Corps day, where they celebrate their armed forces. I don't know too much about it, but I'll be able to tell more about it next week. :)
Well, since I last wrote a few days ago, not too much has happened. :) We met this lovely girl named Mimi who we gave a Book of Mormon to. We came back and followed up, and she let us in to talk about it. She hadn't read it, but she did let us read a random page to her. She just kept saying that she liked talking to us because she felt this calm and peaceful feeling that she can't feel except when she's with us. :) I love that she notices a difference, because that means that we're doing our job right. (To anyone reading this who doesn't know what she means, go spend a few minutes with the missionaries. You'll feel it too.)
It rained pretty good this week too. :) Goodbye 30+ heat, welcome 20+ heat. :) We can wear our sweaters and jackets again!
Aussie thing: Anzac cookies. I don't know what is in them, but they are yummy! I guess they hardly come out except for around Anzac day. :)
And for the scripture! Moroni 10:5--
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
I love that as we search the scriptures, that the Holy Ghost can bring things to our understanding and knowledge that we did not have before. When I think about how I came to know that this gospel is true, there's not a single moment, but a collection of moments that piece it together. I found this quote a while ago "The decision to believe is the most important choice we ever make." The Holy Ghost can testify to us all he wants, but if we don't choose to believe it, then it doesn't change us. Let's choose to believe it, and choose to follow our Saviour's example back to our Heavenly Father. <3
Love you all!
Photos: On P-day I got a package with a hoodie in it. Since I was cold I put it on, and was dancing around the flat with it and the two back scratchers that I got as well :) This is what resulted.
| New hoodie and back scratchers! |
| Sister Tyler and Sister Talbot with the spoils from a package! |
No comments:
Post a Comment