Monday, January 1, 2018

On 4:13 Team T Celebrates Like Warriors!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​So as Warriors for our Saviour, we would like to wish you all a Happy New Year!  

To explain the title of today... 13 Years ago on New Year's day, I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  4 years ago on New Year's day, Sister Tuifua was also baptized a member.  As we celebrated our cool little connection, we decided that at 4:13 on New year's day, we would celebrate!  So we paused in our tracting, pulled out little confetti poppers, and celebrated!  We then picked up the confetti and resumed tracting. :)  

This week has been awesome! This week we tracted into a family of 7. As we've been working on our different approaches, sometimes we still go with the basic "have you met the missionaries before?" To this house, we did that approach, to which the daughter (who we thought was YSA) went in and got her mom. We asked the same question to the mom, and she said that she hadn't, and in the conversation that followed told us that she hadn't ever really been religious before, and that she didn't think that they would have time until 2019. After hearing that, we simply started with "Well, as missionaries we teach about Jesus Christ, and how learning about Him strengthens our family relationships..." While slightly transitioning to the Plan of Salvation, she opened up, and the kids came closer to listen to us. :) We gave the mom a pamphlet, and the kids immediately reached for it as well. Even though she said that they wouldn't really have time initially, they were still listening to us, saying that it was something that they wanted to learn more about, and told us to come back the following Wednesday. It was so cool to be able to share with a family like that. It has been a big dream of my mission to share the gospel with families, because the gospel has impacted my family positively since the beginning. I have already seen the changes in the Abbott family, and the joy that came into their lives, and I have been praying to help and love another family the same way. I've been praying every night that we can be able to keep this interest in them going, and am excited to see what happens when we follow up with her tomorrow. :) 

Aussie life problem:  When you're waiting for the bus, and look at a car, and think that it looks funny... Only to realize that the driver is on the Left side instead of the right!  It looked so weird!  haha 

And for the Scripture this week: D&C 4:2. For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul.

This is a scripture that as a mission we recite every day.  As we were reciting it one day, "blameless before God" stood out to me.  It made me think of  what I would like to do, and what I need to do to be found blameless before God.  Then it took my mindset to Negative Self Talk, and realized that I am not the one to be placing blame on myself.  That's not my job.  My job isn't to blame myself, or to talk negatively about myself.  To those who think that they have NST, know that there is happiness and freedom outside of it.  Know that continual prayers to our Heavenly Father can slowly start to unwind you from those cords.  You can still want to be perfect, but you can gain a better appreciation of the Atonement of Jesus Christ through it.  I have honestly struggled every day to beat NST out here on my mission.  I would like to think that I'm doing pretty good about winning that battle.  I still have my days, but I'm getting better.  :)  I love you all, and am so excited to see all that you're doing in the New Year! 
(For those who want a longer story on this, please talk to my momma, who can share a letter I wrote a while ago.  It goes into battle strategies on how to beat NST.) 

Love you all!  Have a great week! 

Photos: APM (Australia Perth Mission) A family photo, A Heart, and a Companion New Year's Eve photo! 


Sister Hollee Talbot

Christmas Skype Family Picture

Happy New Year!!!


Australia Perth Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!