This week has been prettying interesting! We have had a lot more time to tract, which I don't know where that's coming from. haha :) It also means that we've had a lot more moving around with our schedules each day, with people asking to move their appointments to different times, and sometimes days. It really helps a person learn how to be more flexible when everything changes and doesn't go the amount of time anticipated. :)
We've had a lot of guys answer the door without shirts on... Awkward... But thankfully many have told us to wait, put on a shirt, and then talked with us. It's totally an issue with the weather, we didn't have this problem in winter. But a blessing of it being so hot outside is that people constantly offer us water to drink. Which we can then turn into more time to talk as we drink from their cups. :) People are very nice here.
Guess what! We tracted into a guy who gave us a fingerspelling chart for Auslan! That's Australian Sign Language! I didn't take a photo of it this week, but I will for next week. :)
For those of you who want to laugh, I stacked it this week. Walking on a flat footpath, somehow I tripped and fell flat on my face. There was a car driving by too, so it didn't go unnoticed. I only scuffed up my hands a little, but yeah, tripping on a flat surface. :) We laughed about it the rest of the way home.
Aussie Christmas: Instead of dressing in more and more layers, we wear summer clothes, and people are saying that 30 degrees is too cold for Christmas.... haha :)
Scripture of the week: This one comes from the Living Christ. "We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son." I have been memorizing this during this past transfer, and I love how strong this paragraph is. He is who He says He is. We are celebrating Christ's birth because He came to earth for us. I love Him, and I know that He loves me, you, and each and everyone of us. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.
Merry Christmas! I'll talk to you in the New Year!
Photos: A few Selfie photos and the temple!
No comments:
Post a Comment