Well, this week has been a heart breaker. On Monday and Tuesday we spent a lot of the time saying goodbye to those that I had gotten the closest to over the 6 months that I had been in my beloved Joondalup ward. I sincerely love everyone that I served with, and am excited to see how they continue to grow, even without me.
But, change is a good thing, so I'm here now! I'm in Madley Ward, Alexander Heights area. :) So far, so good! We've seen two really cool miracles right off the bat, which I'm really excited about. The first one happened during Weekly Planning. We were looking over the Potential Investigators forms, and felt really good about contacting a few phone numbers that were written. No one answered, so we moved on and forgot about it. But a little while later, as we were ending weekly planning, we got a return phone call! It was awesome to talk with her for a minute, and then schedule with her. She (Unfortunately for us) is going on Holiday for the next month, but we're planning to meet with her at the beginning of the new year!
The other miracle that we saw this week is that we were able to find a family. They were potentials from a Blitz that the sisters had a while back, but they weren't able to follow up with them afterwards. While walking home one night, Sister Tuifua remembered them and we stopped by their house. They let us in, and we had a nice chat with them, and invited them to English class! They are from Afghanistan, and are really eager to come to that!
Aussie Phrase: Flat out like a lizard drinking. :) I'll tell you what it means next week, stay tuned! haha
Scripture this week is 1 Nephi 18:16-- Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions.
I honestly was missing Currambine my first night here, and was really not too happy in my prayers to Heavenly Father. I didn't realize how spoiled I had been in my first area, and was asking why that first night here. When I make my planner for upcoming transfers, I write random scriptures on random pages, and see how they match the day when I get there. It doesn't always work out, but Wednesday night it did. I'm where He wants me to be, and I know that my efforts are best spent here. :) I can't complain to Him just because he moved me. At least I was able to be moved.
I honestly was missing Currambine my first night here, and was really not too happy in my prayers to Heavenly Father. I didn't realize how spoiled I had been in my first area, and was asking why that first night here. When I make my planner for upcoming transfers, I write random scriptures on random pages, and see how they match the day when I get there. It doesn't always work out, but Wednesday night it did. I'm where He wants me to be, and I know that my efforts are best spent here. :) I can't complain to Him just because he moved me. At least I was able to be moved.
Love you all!
Photos: My new District, my new companion Sister Tuifua, and The Williams and Chan Boons from my last area. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment