Sunday, November 19, 2017

Practice, Practice, Practice!

​​​​​​​​I love this song.  It's from a movie! "Day after day, all the prince ever does, is practice, practice, practice."  ~Swan Princess

To all those that don't think that they are good enough, please refer to the above mentioned song. :)  


I have sung that song to myself a few times this week "I'm terrible at tracting." Practice, practice practice "I could use some work at contacting." Practice, practice, practice...  (side note, the full stop (period) does not work on this computer  Half of my sentences will be without it, because it takes a lot of effort to get it to work :)  

One thing that I thought was really cool this week was the Aligning the Keys meeting.  We already had it in North Coast stake, so I got to go to two of them!  It talks about how we can align the keys of missionary work and stake and ward work.  So it was filled with stake and ward leaders, along with all the missionaries.  It is a beautiful meeting.  I sat next to the Stake Young Women's President, and while we were dealing with technical difficulties, I was asking her how she met the missionaries.  Her story is very cool.  She was tracted into, and described her first encounter with the missionaries as her being very cynical, but telling the elders that they could come back.  She said that she wouldn't have gone back to follow up, but that these missionaries did, the elders sent the sisters to her. From there she took the lessons and is now where she is because of them.  Her story has echoed in my mind this week as we were greeted at the doors by very cynical people.  I pray to know and to follow prompting of when to go back, and when to leave it be.  She doesn't remember the names of those original elders, but wow, what a lasting impact they had with one another.  

This week we had Zone Conference, and I'm so excited for Christmas now!  #Lighttheworld is starting this week, and we talked Heaps about it!  (I will talk more about that next week when it actually is running.:) ) It doesn't matter how many of those we have gone to, it is still an incredible feeling at each and every one of them.  

Aussie Phrase:  Flat out like a Lizard Drinking.  It means that you have been super busy.  Sometimes we shorten it to just Flat out, but yeah  Flat out like a lizard drinking. :)  I'm sure a few of you can relate to that.  

Scripture this week is Ether 12:3 For he did cry from the morning, even until the going down of the sun, exhorting the people to believe in God unto repentance lest they should be destroyed, saying unto them that by faith all things are fulfilled—

Imagine how much faith and diligence it takes to "cry from the morning, even until the going down of the sun." We as disciples can have the faith necessary to do that.  If you don't feel like you can, start reading just a little bit more, and then apply those scriptures to yourself.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!!  I believe in you, your Heavenly Father believes in you, and the Saviour enables you.  :)  What can you do with your faith? 

Thinking about faith, look at the last line of that same verse.  You can do many mighty things, and work many miracles if you keep your faith strong.  I challenge all who read this to find some way that they can fill their works with faith this week.  

Love you all! 

Photos: Aussie road, my companion, a random bus station selfie, and a painting on the wall of my library.  (Ballajura library, shortened to Ballas. ) 


Sister Hollee Talbot

Sister Tuifua and Sister Talbot in a random bus station selfie

Sister Tuifua

Aussie Road

Painting on the wall of the Ballajura library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!