Sunday, October 8, 2017

Back to Work!

G'day all!

After having a week of sickness, it felt so good to get back to work.  Like there is nothing else that can top it, just being able to work again instead of hanging out lazy in the flat. 

This week was also full of conferences!  Zone and General!  For all those who don't know, over here we watch conference a week later than Utah, because we're not nocturnal. :)  Wow, what an amazing conference, it was so cool!  It was a little different to be watching it in the chapel instead of being home, but hey, that's the way we got to see it, so it was definitely worth it.  Zone conference was great too!  It was like a solid weekend of upliftment.  :) 

On Friday this week we needed to travel to West Perth for an appointment that we had.  We took public transport there, and it was such a fun time just traveling there!  It takes about an hour one way, so we had two hours solid of contacting.  Since we were so grateful to be working again, we of course talked to people, (it was school holidays so it made it even easier to talk to people... more people to choose from! haha :) ) and they were happy to talk to us as well.  One of our favourite people on Friday was a random guy we didn't actually talk to for very long.  We were standing at a nearby bus stop, and the guy was on the train station, and yelled across to us asking how long before the bus came.  We told him, and we think he decided to take the train to wherever he was going.  We watched him get on the train, but our favourite part was that before getting on, he turned, looked and waved at us.  :)  It made our day!

Aussie candies:  Lollipop (Sucker), Lollies (candy) and smarties (similar to m&ms, but not....)

Spiritual thought:  1) If you have not had the chance to watch all of the conference sessions yet, I strongly suggest that you take advantage of technology and watch/listen to it this week.  :)  2) I honestly just want to put all of conference for this.  :)  My favourite talks were in the Saturday morning session, Jon C Pingree, and Jeffrey R Holland.  I have been thinking a lot about divine assignments since coming out on my mission and I really liked the list that he gave us to identify and work on those assignments.  It is a continual process, because with change comes new assignments.  If you notice things that are changing around you, double check with Heavenly Father if your assignment has changed.  He will answer you, I promise.  Also, Toxic Perfectionism, Don't do it.  Stop it.  Amen to what President Holland said.  I honestly can say that I didn't realize how toxic my perfectionism was until I got out on my mission.  I have had to battle it every day out here, and still have to battle it.  But this is a fight that we can gain our Saviour's help with.  Turn to Him, ask for His help, and he will be there for you.  Read the scriptures so you can develop the mindset like Him, and He will strengthen you.  I can promise that He will help you with that. 

Photos:  Me and Sister Murnighan, Our zone (might be a bit blurry), and a blue tongued lizard!

Sister Hollee Talbot

Sister Murnighan and Sister Talbot

The Zone

Blue Tongued Lizard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!