Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Oreo and Tablet

Well hello there my friends! 

This week has been amazing, hard, and exciting all at the same time.  :)  To start off, it was transfers on Wednesday, and I stayed but Sister Perkins left.  She's going to become the new Sister Training Leader in Dianella Zone, which fits her perfectly.  She's been an amazing trainer, and is super kind.  I know that she will have a great impact on the sisters that she will be watching over, because she's already done a fabulous job watching over me.  :)  I miss her, but I also am really excited to be with Sister Orro, so it's not too hard of a change. 

One of our Sister Training Leaders ended her mission on Sunday, so for the first part of last week we were in a trio.  If there's anything to say about being in a trio, is that it makes time move faster, and there is never a dull or quiet moment.  :)  It really helped to be with both of them, because they gave me tons of insights about how to lead an area. 

My new companion is Sister Orro!  She's from Townsville, Queensland, and has been out on her mission for 14 months.  She's got heaps of stories and it's been really cool to hear about them.  :)  She's also rather blunt, so if she sees something that shouldn't be happening then she'll tell me.  She's been rather quick to point out that I'm too hard on myself.  :)  She's a really powerful missionary, and it's exciting to see how the ward has already accepted her with open arms. At a member's house, while we were introducing her, a young women called us Oreo and Tablet.... So that's basically what our object names are now.  :) 

Other than that, we've just been doing the normal tracting and visiting that we do. :)  The weather has been really nice here recently, so we've been able to ride our bikes and walk around our area instead of using the car.  :)  I just love the nice warm weather. Everyone has been super nice too, with smiles and apologizing that they aren't interested in the message that we're sharing.  Oh!  Embarrassing story of the week:  I couldn't find a toilet to use while we were tracting, and so we had to do what we call "toilet tracting."  Basically picking a house and asking to use their toilet.  Which is super awkward for both missionaries, because while one is in the toilet, the other has to make small talk with the people in the house.  First time I've had to do it, and I honestly hope it's the last. 

Aussie terms: Porridge (Oatmeal), stack it (biff it), and muesli bar (granola bar.)

And for the thought this week:  Moroni 10:27:  And I exhort you to remember these things; for the time speedily cometh that ye shall know that I lie not, for ye shall see me at the bar of God; and the Lord God will say unto you: Did I not declare my words unto you, which were written by this man, like as one crying from the dead, yea, even as one speaking out of the dust?  

How are we using the scriptures that we have been given?  I thought that it was interesting that I found this scripture in the Preach My Gospel chapter about the Book of Mormon.  It talks about having us as missionaries gain a vision of how to better use the Book of Mormon in our proselyting efforts.  Am I using it enough, or could I be using it more?  It also goes along with being back home.  Are you still interacting with the Book of Mormon, or have you put it off to the side?  What are some ways that you could be in the scriptures more?  How can you benefit from adding more of that in your life? 

Love you all, have a great week! 

Pictures: Sister Orro and I, the sisters in our zone, and the trio!


Sister Hollee Talbot
Sister Orro and Sister Talbot

Zone Sisters!

The Trio, Sister Seau, Sister Perkins, and Sister Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!