Alrighty my friends! What shall I tell you today?
Oh I know! All of it. haha :)
So this week was really fun, because we as a Zone had a competition all week with small challenges each day to win points to win a meal with the Zone Leader or the Sister Training Leaders (Depending on if you were a Sister or an Elder :) ) Tuesday was to tract 40 doors, which sounds easy, until they add the fact that you have to have 40 doors open to you. We won that one! It was pouring rain the entire time, and we probably had to knock about 80 doors in order for 40 to open to us, but we got 3 potential investigators from it. One little miracle that happened as well is that one of the last doors we knocked opened and actually let us inside and gave us some water! That doesn't happen too often, but man, it was cool to see that happen.
The other challenge that we won was Thursday where the challenge was to give away 30 pass along cards. We were tracting that morning, so if they weren't too interested in our message, we would just ask them if we could leave a small card with them. It's amazing how many people who aren't interested will take the card, which will lead them to the gospel a little later on, I'm sure of it. :) We had more energy towards the work than normal, which has been a super cool blessing for this week.
As for the title of this email, it's end of transfers! I just finished my 12 weeks of training here in the field, and so Sister Perkins and I were really expecting a phone call for transfers. We did get one like we were expecting! I'm staying here to lead the area with a new companion (Who I know her name, but I'm not sure how to spell it, so I'll just wait til next week.) and the Amazing Sister Perkins is going to be a SISTER TRAINING LEADER!!!!! Oh my goodness we're so excited for her! I'm excited to stay here and lead, though I'm a little nervous. It'll be good to find out why I'm here in this area, and to keep working as hard as I can to prove that I have my testimony of this gospel and the work that I'm in.
Aussie terms: Full Stop (period, like the punctuation), biscuits (cookies) and diary (planner, schedule, etc...)
As for the scripture this week, I'm going to use Alma 2: 28 which says: Nevertheless, the Nephites being strengthened by the hand of the Lord, having prayed mightily to him that he would deliver them out of the hands of their enemies, therefore the Lord did hear their cries, and did strengthen them, and the Lamanites and the Amlicites did fall before them.
We trust in Heavenly Father to answer our prayers, and to help us in what we are currently facing in 'battle.' I know that Heavenly Father does answer our prayers, and He will strengthen us for the things that He has given us for our benefit. Answers don't always come immediately, but they will come. Full stop. It's for our benefit if we have to wait for our answers. Don't give up hope. Keep praying, keep working, keep your testimony. Answers will come, and He loves you, so He will strengthen you.
Love you all! Have a great week!
Pictures: Another sick day, a street sign I rather enjoy, and all of the Sisters' name tags. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment