It's always interesting when we move a P-day one week, and then have it back on Monday the following week. It throws me off as to what day it is.
I got to go to the PERTH TEMPLE!!! Oh my goodness, after such a long time of being away, it just felt like I was coming home again. I love the feeling that is inside the temple. No matter how much of the spirit you feel outside of the temple, it's always stronger inside the temple. To all of those who hold current temple recommends: I encourage you to go this week, and spend some time just pondering things that you feel you are struggling with while you're in there. It will make a world of difference, I promise. It reminds me of the Reno temple, which was cool, because I thought of my Grandma and Grandpa Talbot while we were there.
One of the fun things that happened there is that we ran into my Trainer's Trainer! So we took a three generation photo while we had the chance! Her name is Sister Ricks, and she just finished her mission this week. :)
Also! It's been really cold here this week, (like 14 degrees Celsius, 57 F. I know, I'm a wuss now.) :) And it's been raining solid since Friday, which makes it even colder at night. At one point while we were tracting on Saturday, one person told us we have more faith than sense. We just laughed and said that we hope so!
I just finished my first transfer. Can you believe that? Time flies while you're on a mission, because I don't think it feels like I've been here that long yet. So as we did weekly planning this week, we made our normal weekly goals, but we also made goals for the transfer. It's great to have a larger view of a whole transfer instead of just the little weekly one. It's almost like a New Year every six weeks! And you can evaluate and see what works, what doesn't, and how to make those changes in your life. :) I love that Sister Perkins helps me see that and encourages me in those goals. She is an amazing trainer, I'm really lucky that I have her for 6 more weeks!
Aussie terms: Overtake (like passing in a car), Jandals (funny word for sandals), and Chilly bin (a Cooler.)
As for the scripture this week: Enos 1:2, and 7.
2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.
7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?
This scripture is talked about a lot when it comes to prayer, because it is very powerful in showing that it needs to be an earnest prayer in assisting us in obtaining that remission of our sins. But I would also point out that our actions, including prayer, must happen before we can receive that remission. If there is something that we need to stop doing, stop it. If it's something that we haven't been doing, do it. :) Prayer is open communication with our Heavenly Father! As we pray to Him, we will be able to strengthen our Faith, and as we exercise that faith, it will bring us to that remission of our sins. It doesn't matter how small the sin is, I'd encourage you to do it.
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment