Hey All!
This week marked a month since I arrived in Australia! Can you believe that? I can't, it seems that I haven't been out that long, but I have. It's been a great experience so far, and I know that as long as I'm working hard, it will get better! I called it my 'Aussieversary,' just because I thought it was a fun word to use. :) This week started off with a fun Zone P-day, which was just a bunch of games and a cook off, but we were able to get to know each other a little better, which makes us feel more supportive of one another. Then on Tuesday we had district meeting combined with another district in our zone, so I've seen my zone a lot this week. Everyone here are amazing missionaries, so it's cool to be surrounded by so many powerful spirits.
Interviews happen once a transfer for us, which basically is an opportunity to have 10 minutes to just talk with President Fife. Going into it, I thought that it was just going to be him asking me questions, but when I got in there he immediately had me look up Matthew 5:48 and 3 Nephi 12:48, and compare the two.
Matthew 5:48:
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
3 Nephi 12:48:
Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect.
It was amazing how relatable that was for me. He was talking about perfectionism, and how that isn't a way that our Heavenly Father wants us to be. Yes, we can have things look nice, but to hold ourselves to standards that He isn't even holding us to is not part of His plan. If you think that you're a perfectionist, please look at those two scriptures. It will help you balance between excelling to a reachable goal, and hurting yourself. We then talked about a goal that I want to work on for the next transfer. We always have little goals that we work on week to week, but having a medium goal to work on for 6 weeks really helps change it up a little. I'd suggest that to anyone who's working on something to have short week goals, and then one 6 week goal. :)
While our companions were in interviews, Sister Fife had us watch a video of a speech that a Marine gave at a graduation ceremony a while back. It talks about how if we want to change the world, we need to do specific things. If you can find it on that tiny amount of information, then I'd suggest you watch it. :) It's really encouraging, especially when you're facing a lot of changes in your life. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70)
I also got to go on exchanges this week with Sister Aperaamo! She's from Queensland, and absolutely amazing. It was cool to work with her and get to know her, too. She's got an amazing testimony, and the quiet way that she goes about sharing it was really cool to see. We were able to visit with some of her investigators, and it was interesting to be in someone else's area.
Aussie terms: Carpark (parking lot), footpath (Sidewalk), boot (trunk of a car), and Done and Dusted (Finished, completed, etc.)
And as for the thought of the week, I would say Ether 12:27, compared to Phillippians 4:13.
Ether 12:27:
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
Phillippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
We all have weaknesses, and as we ask to see them, Heavenly Father will show us them. But it doesn't stop at us being weak. We can work on them, improve them, and strengthen them. It's gonna take heaps of effort, but if we are willing to do it, and trust in our Saviour for His help, then we can do all things. To that mountain that you've been asked to climb, tell it to "Bring it on!" Have confidence and Faith in our Saviour, and you'll go far.
Love you all, thank you so much for the love and support!
(Pictures didn't work this week... sorry!)
No comments:
Post a Comment