G'day!
Man, this week was amazing! We had a few teaching appointments and a wonderful baptism for an eight year old. We also had mostly good weather every day, and everyone in Busselton itself is like 75% happier here because of the weather. Good weather? Good mood. :)
So this baptism wasn't a person that we were teaching, but a sweet 8 year old whose family we are fairly close to. She wanted us to attend her baptism, and so we did. The closest baptismal font is 45 minutes drive away, and so instead of going that far, they chose for her to be baptised in the ocean! She was excited, which was so cute! (if you're imagining a beautiful summer's day, just remember, we're in the middle of winter. No one really wants to go swimming right now.) It was right at sunset so that there weren't too many people at the beach, which made it very personal. It was beautiful! We were also able to invite one person that we're teaching to come to it, and she did! It was so exciting to see her come, and hopefully it will be a good impression. I know the members loved meeting her, and want her to come to more activities. :)
Let's see, I guess I'll tell this "finding" story as well. This person has seen missionaries for a little bit now, but has never taken a lesson, mainly because they've never asked to start a lesson. Well, we were visiting her this week, and she announced that she hadn't watched the DVD that was given to her. Thinking that this might happen, I answered saying something along the lines of "That's okay, we can watch it right now!" :) haha 20 minutes later, we were testifying about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. Sis calls this a sneaky move, because the person that we taught didn't know what was really happening, it just happened to be that way. haha :) It was great! Sneaky teaching for you.... I also casually invited us to this same lady's dinner coming up this week.... Same sneaky tactics. haha
Aussie word: Muck. It's like mess up. If you Muck up, you've just messed up. :) It sounds really strong for such a silly little meaning, but that's that. haha
As for the scripture, I was thinking of sharing 1 Nephi 3:7--And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
I know this one pretty well, and I'm sure a lot of you do too. This week, there was a fairly bad miscommunication amongst the missionaries, and I felt like I should fight and defend our companionship verbally. By the time this conversation had gone on for 10 minutes, I just got really tired and gave up the fight. The drive home I still told Sis all about the reasons why we were right, and that there was no reason for this and that.... etc. Except, Heavenly Father has called my mission leaders for a reason, and He won't let me back talk them. I had the thought that night, that fighting was a waste of my energy, and that I should just forgive the miscommunication, figure it out and move along. The next day Sis shared the three stages of murmuring. It was very powerful for us to see that we had slipped into all three of those stages without realising it. So we decided to stop murmuring and just move on, and our attitudes have been simply wonderful this week! Oh it was lovely and a fantastic week, all because we quit murmuring. When we do as Nephi does, and just move along Heavenly Father's plan for us, we'll have such a better experience. I'd invite all of you to find one little way you might perhaps be murmuring, and see if you can solve the attitude that you have.
Love you all! Have a lovely week!
The baptism at the beach, us on the sand (we got permission!) a funny shirt we saw, and a cool trail we found!




No comments:
Post a Comment