Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Bye Bye Busso!

Picture this: 

The sweet Busselton Sisters coming home from a day working in Margaret River.  We've just caught some people at home that we hadn't normally seen.  We're talking about them, and sharing silly stories from our day and ideas we want to try.  Then, we get a phone call.  We couldn't hear them, so we called them back a little while later once we were off the road.  It was the assistants, informing us of a transfer call.  

"Sister Talbot, you're being transferred!  You're going to Australind, and you're going to be opening it up." "Okay, cool." "Sister Hughes, your new companion is going to be......

SISTER TALBOT!!!!" 

So the Awesome, Busselton Sisters are staying together!  We're just now going to be the Australind sisters instead.  YaY!  It'll be so fun to open a new area together!  Same companion, new area.  

Oh my goodness, this week has just been fantastic!  We taught a bunch, followed up with a referral who wants to learn more, and had a trio with Sister Bennallack!  :)  We started with having a companion study together with both President and Sister Bennallack.  It was cool because we talked about the focus they want to have our mission have, and what to do to get there.  We then separated and we had interviews, and then we left President in our flat and headed out to work with Sister Bennallack!  It was lovely to have her come and work with us for a little bit.  We saw a few formers, and she was so lovingly bold to them, it was an awesome example to see.  We then went and ate lunch with President, and while we were eating, he invited the person serving us, and actually got his address!  The follow up is now on us (or the elders replacing us) but we got lots of ideas on how to invite more now! :)  

Other than that, it's just been a normal week.  :)  I love it down here.  I suppose I could tell one story.... about a spider.  Before the Bennallacks came, we tried to clean our already clean apartment, just in case. :)  So we went outside and were pulling the weeds that were there.  I was under a tree, and didn't notice that a spider landed on my head.   I didn't know.  Time passes, I cook a nice sausage brekkie, and then get in the shower, I still didn't notice it on my head.  I get out of the shower and am getting ready, when I see is a piece of hair moving, until I noticed that it was a GINORMOUS spider crawling on my head! I don't know how it survived the shower, but I start screaming!  Sis slowly comes to my rescue, and gets me the stuff to squash it once it was off my head.  It was actually pretty small, but it was Huge.  About the size of an AUD 50 cent piece, probably a little bigger than a quarter.  

Aussie word: Gravy fries.  Literally just gravy on Fries, but they're a big deal in Maccas over here.  Canada would just laugh at them. :)  

And for the Scripture!  Alma 5:48--I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.

I love this one, because it's a simple testimony, but it's the best there is.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Saviour and Redeemer of all mankind.  It's a comfort to know that He is there for me, and is looking out for me.  He has come to take away the sins of each and every one of us, and that allows us to go back to live with our Father in Heaven again.  :)  How wonderful that is! 

Photos: Just some of our awesome district adventure last week. :)  Mum might pop more up if she finds any of them cool.  :)  I particularly loved the lighthouse.  It's whale migrating season, so we were able to spot some! :) 

Sister Hollee Talbot

Sister Talbot at Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse

The District at Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse
Sister Talbot at Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse

Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse
View from Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse

Ngilgi Cave

 Sister Talbot in Ngilgi Cave

Canal Rocks with the District

Sister Hughes and Sister Talbot at Canal Rocks

The District at Canal Rocks

Sister Hughes and Sister Talbot

Beautiful Australia, beautiful ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!