Sorry about the short email last week, hope you enjoyed it anyways! :) haha
So to give more details about my short sentences. :)
I am still alive, and really enjoying my mission. To anyone who's thinking about it, I highly suggest it. It isn't easy, but mate, it's so worth it.
It is really hot, but it's only gotten to about 37 Celsius (only 98F!!), which is 8 degrees below what it promises during the summer. :) We really enjoy our aircon (air conditioning), and the kindness of strangers who give us water at their doors. :)
It's so true! We have heaps of miracles happening! Lots of people that tell us they're interested truly are, and are letting us come back. Plus, it is such a cool blessing to have a prompting to go just a few street out of your way to talk to someone, have them be at home, and just watch their face light up with joy when they see you. :) It may be small moments like that, but it is so cool to be that reason for the excitement in their eyes.
Our investigator is on Baptismal date now, and the elders serving in this ward have two, so this ward is having a great start to the year! :)
One thing that I've learned and am still learning on my mission is to be bolder. If you're not bold, things won't move as quickly, and you may miss some opportunities that only happen because you're bold. Be lovingly bold, but let yourself be bold. :) I have seen a few chances go by to be bold, and have missed them, and now I'm working even harder to catch them again. :) A few months ago, Sister Fife held up a little rock, and said "Be a little boulder (bolder)" I thought it was so funny and clever that I later found myself a rock, and wrote on it those words. :) Now I have a little boulder to remind me to be a little bolder.
Aussie term: Lead (Leash, like for a dog) and 'brallas which is short for umbrella. We're experiencing a bit of a cyclone at the moment, so we're getting wet over here. haha :)
Scripture for the week: Alma 5:38: Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd, to the name by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
Mate, shepherds are so cool. They don't need to keep their sheep on leads, or have dogs to pull them in, they stay with their sheep, and their sheep stay with them. He'll call us by the name that he has given all of us, and we will be blessed as we answer him. :)
Photos: A Funny sign that Transperth had for the holidays. :) A random selfie this morning, and the temple!
| TransPerth Sign for the Holidays |
| Perth Temple |
| Random Selfie :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment