Sunday, December 3, 2017

Summer!

​​​​​​​​​​​​Oh my goodness everybody!  Christmas is so close!! What are we going to do with that? haha :)

Christmas is coming, it's coming and.... The weather is getting hotter. What's with that?  I'm putting on layers of sunscreen, not layers of clothing. haha :)  It's been grand adjusting to the weather, but hey!  It's all part of the job description. :)

This week was rather busy!  We had interviews with President, #LighttheWorld started, and we had a few appointments.  One of the hardest things this week was that we had a lot of appointments fall through.  They were with really promising potential investigators too, but they just weren't home when it came time for our appointments.  We'll have to figure out how to make it more important for those that we meet so that they'll be there when we come back. :)  It's great though!  We're really settling into our companionship and the way that it works. :)

Guys!  I was able to go to a Face to Face devotional for YSA!  It was with Elder Ballard and Elder Oaks, and man, it was so powerful!  If you have had the chance to watch it, what was your favourite part?  If you haven't had the chance to watch it, it is an hour and a half of well spent time. :)  It was so fun to hear their answers to commonly thought of questions, and also to see them laughing and joking around. :)

Aussie answers: If someone says thank you, we often respond with "no worries," or "that's okay."  You're welcome isn't too common. haha :)

And for the scripture: I'm going to use the one from #LighttheWorld: Matthew 22:39 (Today's scripture) :)  How well do you know the people around you?  I know that it's fun to go somewhere cool, and do an awesome service, but you can impact your neighbour in small and simple ways and not have to travel very far to do it. :)  I know that growing up with really good neighbours has really blessed my life, along with my family's life.  Also, if you haven't started the advent calendar for Light the World yet, I suggest you start!  It's fairly simple, and doesn't take too much time.  "It gives good feelings instead of chocolate!" ~Sister Green

Love you all! have a great week!

Photos... Somehow I only took 6 photos this week.... My family sent me presents for the 12 days of Christmas, and so I'm opening one every other day to make it last until Christmas! :) Day 1 and 2. :)  And then a District Photo. :)



Sister Hollee Talbot

Ballajura District



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!