Sunday, September 3, 2017

Mayday! Mayday! Aussie Down!

Now, no reason to panic, all Aussies are now okay.  :)  This was just a line that Elder Soko said to us when we told him that Sister Orro was sick. 

Like I said in last week's emails, together Sister Orro and I are a comedy of errors.  Thankfully we are able to laugh at them, but it does make for some very interesting weeks.  :)  This week we have had to take two sick days.... One for me and one for Sister Orro.  As some of you might know, I'm allergic to bugs.  While we were tracting one day I got bit on my ankle and a few days later it had swollen enough that we decided to take a day so that I could keep it elevated enough for the swelling to go down.  I also started wearing my slacks in order to prevent it from happening again... Sort of.  Wearing pants now is really weird, so I'm still trying to decide how much I should wear them.  One of the less active families that we visit, the Wilcox, gave me a bottle of bug spray, which is in a photo below.  :) 

The other sick day was Sunday, and it was because Sister Orro caught a fever.  We went through all the processes that we need to go through to have a sick day, and then we asked our district leader if he would look out to see how many of our investigators were at church.  He called just to make sure we didn't need anything, and said "Mayday! Mayday!  Aussie down!"  haha :)  Spending a day inside isn't the best, but at least she was able to recover, and now we're going strong once again!

On Monday last week, we had a family home evening with our Relief Society President, and she invited anyone who doesn't feel like they can have FHE in their own home.  It was super cool to be there, because everyone was so different from one another, but we all had a marvellous time.  It is amazing how the spirit can make sure that we all have a good time even if we aren't alike in personalities.  Plus, they had a violin that I was able to play!!!!

We also had exchanges this week, and I was with our new Sister Training Leader, Sister Murnighan!  It was cool to be with her, because we had a teaching appointment with one of their investigators, causing me to teach without knowing who the investigator is or what their concern is.  I was super nervous at first, but after we said the prayer and started the lesson, I was fine.  I love that I was able to share with their investigator the Plan of Salvation, and help in that way. 

Aussie Terms: Peg (Clothes pin*), push bike (bike) , and tomato sauce (ketchup). 
*Funny story about pegs... We don't have a clothes dryer in our flat, so all of our clothing has to be hung to dry.... Turns out that's the normal thing here. 

The scripture of the week:  Alma 12:34. It says:  Therefore, whosoever repenteth, and hardeneth not his heart, he shall have claim on mercy through mine Only Begotten Son, unto a remission of his sins; and these shall enter into my rest.

 I love that it talks about us having a claim on the mercy.  We can have possession of the mercy and remission of our sins as long as we follow the "terms and conditions" that are put before us.  We have access to the most powerful thing on earth, and all we need to do is to take hold of it for ourselves.  Follow the steps that you need to, reach out and take what is there for you.  Claim that mercy.

Love you all!  Have a great week!

Pictures: Koala Fart: the bug spray that I was given. :)  All the Sisters last week at Sisters' P-day, a Koala posing for me, and a violin!!!
Sister Talbot found a violin!

Sisters P-day



Koala Fart Insect Repellent, All Natural Ingredients!


And a few more pictures Sister Talbot requested be put on the blog:

Sister Orro and Sister Talbot




Kangaroo and her baby joey!

Happy koala

Sleepy koala



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!