Hi there!
I'm writing on a Tuesday because it was Western Australia day yesterday. I think it's when WA became a state, but it didn't seem like too big of a deal.
Kookaburras are here, and there really are gum trees, but I don't know what they sound like, so I don't know if I'm able to identify if I've seen one. haha But I have seen many Gum Trees, they're everywhere here.
This week has been... Winter? I don't really think so, it's kind of like spring in Utah, so I've been wearing shortsleeves and a sweater if I get too cold. I'm really close to the ocean here, but I've only seen it at a distance, we don't really get too close to it. With it being against the rules and all, we can't really do anything anyways. We have been doing visits with a lot of members, getting them to pray about friends they could invite to church, and streets for us to tract. I really like tracting the streets they pray for, because they always seem more willing to talk to us there. Yesterday we got a call from a member of a different ward, saying that there was a lady who took a pamphlet from the sisters a few weeks ago, read it, and wanted to know more! So we've set up an appointment to meet with her next week, I'm really excited about that!
We were also able to have Zone conference last week! It was soo cool, because not only did they talk about how to find people, but they also took time to teach us things too. It started off with a "What stuck out to you in previous conferences?" and I'll be honest when I was a little disappointed that I couldn't contribute. But it was cool the way that President kept talking about how we need to be nicer to ourselves. I've been here two weeks, it's not fair to expect myself to have too many experiences to talk about just yet. I'm helping myself by thinking positive, that I will be able to say that I've had those soon enough. One thought that was given to us, is that Patience is the willingness to do what God commands, and also to trust in His timing. I know we all want something to happen immediately for us, but I would challenge you guys this week to trust that Heavenly Father knows what's best for us. Even if we don't want to wait, just trust Him.
And for the scripture this week: Enos 1:4. It says:
And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.
This is talking about prayer, and there has been an emphasis on it during our meetings. We will be so much better off if we talk to Him, and to be able to do that with a sincere heart. Pleading, hungering, crying, mighty prayer does not happen if we are not sincere and having real intent. He will guide you, and answer YOU. Try to add more time for prayer in your lives this week.
Thank you all for the support!
Love you all, Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment