Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Australia or Bust!

This week has been another roller coaster of a week, but I really enjoyed it at the same time.  I heard someone say that we wouldn't pay a million dollars to trade away our MTC experience, but we wouldn't give a dime to do it again.  That is soo true!  The hardest days have some of the best endings, and the silver lining is always there. Also, I leave for Australia in a week!!! 

Happy Mother's Day to all of those who are mothers!  I was able to call home for 30 minutes, and was able to talk to Andrew! (Elder Talbot)  It was cool to be able to talk to my entire family even though we are far apart.  My favorite part of the phone call was having a family prayer while we were all there.  The spirit is so strong when we are united, and I love that we can feel it even if there are over 15 other phone calls happening in the same room.  If you get an opportunity to do that, I would encourage you to do so.  It will bless your life.  I love the fact that this gospel will help me be with them forever, and that's what I'm here teaching, too.  

This week we taught some more investigators, learned some more in our classes, and were able to do as most MTC missionaries do.  Haha :)  So our investigators, most of the time, are actual members who are acting out either their own conversion story, or a convert's that they met on their mission.  But we can't actually tell, so we just treat them like investigators.  It makes the TRC lessons much better that way.  TRC stands for Teaching Resource Center, at least, I think it does... haha :)  The best way I have to describe the TRC building is like the scare floor at Monster's university.  It has a million rooms, and we are assigned a specific room and time to go in and teach.  Last week I had one 45 minute lesson and a 25 minute lesson to teach everyday, but this week it has been increased to both 45 minute lessons to be taught every day this week.  To be honest, the time flies faster in the longer ones, and I enjoy them more because we are able to really teach to the investigator's needs.  

This week, we've been challenging the Elders to silly little challenges.  One elder is always referencing pop songs, so we challenged him to go a whole day only referencing Primary songs.  It took him two days to succeed, but once he did, the elders had a challenge for us sisters... To wear our hair in pigtails to gym.... And then we followed up with the challenge that they have to escort us back to our building after our last appointment for the day.  We're a really close district, which makes this entire experience much better.  :)  A picture at the bottom will have us in pigtails.  

Scripture and thought of this week:  D&C 4:2.  "Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."  This scripture I've heard a lot growing up, but I guess I never internalized it before.  I am in the service of my God, and he has some expectations that I need to hold up to in order to be able to say that I have done the best that I can.  But it won't end for me when I go home.  All members are missionaries.  I challenge all those who read this to pick two things that they are going to do this week in order to serve him better.  I'll let you choose what, but at the end of the week, reflect back on how it affected your week.  I promise it will be for the better.  
Sister Hollee Talbot

The pigtail challenge.

Mission T-shirts

Banana bread feast! (Thanks, family!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Hollee Talbot Is Home! Airport Photos!